Please Consider Volunteering!
The Horse Park is a non-profit organization and we rely on volunteers to help us operate and keep our costs low.
Here are just some of the areas where volunteer help is always needed:
- Work parties - Check our calendar for more information. We hold many throughout the year to help prepare for opening of park and trail in the spring, keeping everything in top shape during the season and then buttoning everything up for the winter.
- Event support at several of our larger events - no horse experience necessary! Event set-up, take-down, parking, judging assistant, office, etc.
- On-Site Park ambassador
- Special event committees
- Data entry
- Fundraising (including the Gala Committee)
- Mailings, phone calls
- Social media
- Graphic design
If these or other areas interest you, please contact the Executive Director at 877-635-4111 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Grounds Crew Members Needed!
Do you enjoy the outdoors? And getting a workout while you are on the clock? Do you like horses and the occasional smell of manure? Do you like to work hard with a great crew? Well, then come work at the Washington State Horse Park. Well, come work at the Washington State Horse Park! We are looking to add to our amazing team that keeps our facility beautiful, clean, organized and running well.
Some of the daily activities you will be doing
- Cleaning shower facilities
- Collecting trash - emptying trash cans and replacing bags
- Mucking stalls
- Picking up tree debris and litter
- General pick up to maintain the appearance of the park
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Qualifications
- Ability to lift 50+ lbs
- Physical stamina and the ability to be on your feet for long periods
- Ability to work in dusty environments
- Exposure to loud noises
- Work with minimal supervision
- Able to take direction and communicate positively with manager and coworkers
- Flexibility with hours – varying shifts with possibility of early morning shifts and weekends
- Current drivers license
This position is part and seasonal (now-October) and reports to the Operations Manager. Paid every two weeks; overtime pay is 1.5 x hourly rate after 40 hours in a week. Work schedule will vary somewhat during the season depending on activities.
Send an email with details of your qualifications as soon as possible to Martin@wahorsepark.org